GATE Syllabus PDF 2020 and Exam pattern available here. Recently Indian Institute Of Technology, Delhi (IIT, Delhi) released lastest GATE Syllabus 2020 pdf on official website @ gate.iitd.ac.in. Candidates can download GATE Syllabus at free of cost. You can also get the latest GATE entrance exam Pattern 2020 in this page. This exam is carried out you to provide admissions into various universities, colleges or institution.
GATE Syllabus and GATE Exam Pattern
Every year a huge number of candidates are participating in the GATE entrance exam. Every year the authority of Indian Institute Of Technology, Delhi will conduct the test and there is a huge competition, the perfect preparation is very essential to crack GATE exam. GATE Exam for the Academic year 2020-21 is going to be conducted from February 2020. If you are planning to attend GATE syllabus the first thing comes to mind is what will be the syllabus for the exam. This syllabus is based on B.E./B.Tech/B.Arch. Here in our site, we are providing the GATE Syllabus 2020 along with the Exam Pattern. Make use of this Syllabus 2020 and Prepare well for the GATE 2020 Exam.
GATE Entrance Exam Syllabus Details
|Conducting Authority Name||Indian Institute Of Technology, Delhi (IIT, Delhi)|
|GATE Entrance Exam Name||Graduate Aptitude Test In Engineering (GATE )|
|Category||Entrance Exam Syllabus|
|GATE Courses Offered||PG Courses In Engineering|
|GATE Notification Released Date||1st September 2019|
|GATE Application Apply Start Date||1st September 2019|
|Exam Date||01st, 02nd, 08th, 09th February 2020|
|GATE Hall Ticket or Admit Card Released Date||3rd January 2020|
|GATE Official Website||gate.iitd.ac.in|
How to Download GATE Syllabus PDF
- Visit the website of the Indian Institute Of Technology, Delhi (IIT, Delhi) that is gate.iitd.ac.in.
- Search for syllabus 2020.
- Next, click on the link and download GATE syllabus.
- Take a print out and prepare well accordingly syllabus.
GATE Exam Pattern 2020
Students must have the knowledge of exam pattern of GATE 2020 along with the syllabus to know about the type of questions, number of questions and marking scheme of the entrance exam. Check the GATE Exam Pattern 2020 and be prepared for the Exam.
The highlights of the GATE 2020 exam pattern are tabulated below:
|Mode of Exam||Online (Computer-based mode)|
|Time Duration||3 hours|
|Question type||MCQ and NAT (Numerical Answer Type)|
|Negative Marking||Only for MCQ’s: 1/3rd for 1-mark questions, 2/3rd for 2 marks questions|
GATE Paper Codes
|GATE Paper||Code||GATE Paper||Code|
|Aerospace Engineering||AE||Instrumentation Engineering||IN|
|Architecture and Planning||AR||Mechanical Engineering||ME|
|Bio-medical Engineering||BM||Mining Engineering||MN|
|Civil Engineering||CE||Petroleum Engineering||PE|
|Computer Science and Information Technology||CS||Production and Industrial Engineering||PI|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||EC||Textile Engineering and Fibre Science||TF|
|Electrical Engineering||EE||Engineering Sciences||XE*|
|Ecology and Evolution||EY||Life Sciences||XL**|
|Geology and Geophysics||GG|
The XE* & XL** paper codes are of general nature. The list of subjects available under XE and XL are tabulated below:
|*XE Paper Sections||Code||**XL Paper Sections||Code|
|Engineering Mathematics(Compulsory)||A||Chemistry (Compulsory)||P|
|Any two optional sections||Any two optional sections|
|Polymer Science and Engineering||F||Food Technology||U|
|Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences||H|
- For paper code XE, “Engineering Mathematics” acts as a compulsory section
- For paper code XL, “Chemistry” acts as a compulsory section.
- Under XL, candidates can select any two of the subjects as optional from code Q to U.
- In case of XE, candidates can select any two subjects as optional from code B to H.
GATE Exam Pattern 2020: GATE Question Type
The GATE 2020 question paper consists of two types of questions and they are listed below:
- Multiple Choice Questions(MCQs): For every question, 4 options will be there out which one is correct.
- Numerical Answer Type :
- All the answers to these questions will be real numbers where the candidate must enter the answer with the help of virtual keyboard.
- No choices will be provided for this type of questions.
- No negative marking will be there for NAT questions.
GATE Exam Pattern 2020 For Various Paper Codes
The GATE 2020 exam pattern for various paper codes are tabulated below:
|Paper Code||Exam Pattern|
|CE, CS, EC, AE, AG, BT, CH, ME, MN, MT, EE, IN, TF, XE, PE, ST and PI||· General Aptitude– 15%|
· Engineering Mathematics – 15%
· Subject of the Paper – 70%
|AR, CY, GG, EY, XL, PH and MA||· General Aptitude – 15%|
· Subject of the Paper – 85%
GATE Exam Pattern 2020: GATE Marking Scheme
The GATE 2020 Marking scheme will vary from one code to another. The GATE marking scheme is tabulated below:
|Paper Code||General Aptitude Marks||Subject Marks||Total Marks|
|CS, CY, EC, EE, CE, CH, AR, AE, AG, EY, BT, GG, IN, ME, MA, PH, PI, TF, MN, MT, PE, ST||15||85||100|
|XE (Section A +|
any two sections)
|XL (Section P +|
any two sections)
- The paper codes AE, AG, BT, CE, CH, CS, EC, EE, IN ME, MN, MT, PE, PI, TF and XE will have Engineering Mathematics (15%) & General Aptitude (15%) as compulsory sections. The rest of the sections will be based on the subject selected by the candidate.
- The paper codes AR, CY, EY, GG, MA, PH, ST and XL will have only 2 sections – 15% will be based on General Aptitude and the remaining 85% of the question paper will based on the subject which candidate has selected.
- For 2 mark question, 2/3rd marks will be deducted for incorrect answer.
- For 1 mark question, 1/3rd marks will be deducted for incorrect answer.
GATE Exam Pattern For All Papers
GATE Exam Pattern For General Aptitude
- General Aptitude acts as a compulsory section in all GATE papers.
- 15 % weightage of total marks will be given to General Aptitude section.
- In this section, candidates will be examined based on their language and assessment skills.
- The detailed GATE exam pattern for General Aptitude is tabulated below:
|Question Type||Total Questions||Total Marks|
|1- Mark questions||5 questions||5 marks|
|2- Mark questions||5 questions||10 marks|
|Total||10 Questions||15 marks|
GATE 2020 Exam Pattern For All Papers Except GG, XE, XL
- For all the papers except for the paper codes GG, XE, XL, the questions will be MCQs and numerical answer type in nature.
- There will be a total of 55 questions out of which 25 questions will be of 1 mark and 30 questions will be of 2 marks each.
GATE Exam Pattern For GG
- Geology and Geophysics paper consists of two parts. Part A consists of Mulitple Choice Questions and Part B is further divided into 2 sections i.e., Section 1 – Geology and Section 2 – Geophysics.
- Part A consists of 25 questions each carrying 1 mark.
- Part B consists of 30 questions each carrying 2 marks.
GATE Exam Pattern For Engineering Sciences (XE)
- There will be a total of 33 questions.
- Engineering Mathematics(Section A) acts as a compulsory subject.
- A total of 11 questions will be asked in Engineering Mathematics.
- Now coming to the Section B, candidates can select any two subjects as optionalfrom the paper code B to H.
- The detailed GATE Exam Pattern for paper code XE is tabulated below:
|Section||Total Questions||Total Marks|
|Section A (Compulsory)||7 (1-mark question)||7|
|4 (2-mark question)||8|
|Section B to H (Any two)|
|9 (1-mark question) in each of the two sections||18|
|13 (2-mark question) in each of the two sections||52|
|Total ( 2 Sections)||55 Questions||85 marks|
GATE Exam Pattern For Life Sciences (XL)
- General Aptitude section of total 15 should be attempted.
- Chemistry acts as a compulsory subject in section A.
- Now in Section B, aspirants can choose any 2 optional subjects from the paper code Q to U.
- The detailed GATE Life Sciences exam pattern is tabulated below:
|Section||Total Questions||Total Marks|
|P or Chemistry Section||5 (1-mark each)||5|
|10 (2-marks each)||20|
|Sections Q to U (Any two)||10 (1-mark each) in each section||20|
|10(2-marks each) in each section||40|
GATE Syllabus 2020 PDF
Here in this section, we have given GATE Syllabus 2020 in a Pdf. The Syllabus of GATE 2020 contain various topics from B.E./B.Tech/B.Arch level. Therefore, all the candidates can download subject wise, topics wise, and sub topics wise in PDF format also.
Civil Engineering (CE): Engineering Mathematics, Structural Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, Structural Engineering, etc.
Statistics (ST): Calculus, Probability, Linear Algebra, Inference, Stochastic Processes, Multivariate Analysis, Design of Experiments & Regression Analysis.
Bio-medical Engineering (BM): Engineering Mathematics, Signals and Systems, Electrical Circuits, Measurements and Control Systems, Analog and Digital Electronics, Sensors and Bioinstrumentation, Measurements and Control Systems, Biomechanics, Human Anatomy and Physiology, Biomaterials, Medical Imaging Systems.
Electronics and Communication Engineering (EC): Engineering Mathematics, Networks, Electronic Devices, Signals and Systems, Digital Circuits, Analog Circuits, etc.
Chemical Engineering (CH): Process Calculations and Thermodynamics, Engineering Mathematics, Fluid Mechanics and Mechanical Operations, etc.
Instrumentation Engineering (IN): Engineering Mathematics, Signals and Systems, Electrical Circuits, Control Systems, etc.
Petroleum Engineering (PE): Linear Algebra, Petroleum Formation Evaluation, Oil and Gas Well Testing, etc.
Architecture and Planning (AR): Architecture and Design, Construction and Management, Building Materials, Environmental Planning and Design, Building and Structure, etc.
Mathematics (MA): Linear Algebra, Algebra, Complex Analysis, Functional Analysis, Real Analysis, Numerical Analysis, etc.
We provided total information about the Latest GATE syllabus and exam pattern 2020. For more such detailed information, Students always check our site fresherwave.com.