The Hindu Vocabulary For All Competitive Exams.
1. IMMEDIATE (ADJECTIVE): (तत्काल): instant
Synonyms: instantaneous, on-the-spot
The authorities took no immediate action then and there.
2. DEFER (VERB): (योग्यता को स्वीकार करना): yield
Synonyms: submit, give way
Antonyms: stand up to
You must defer to him in my absence as you do me.
3.DISPROPORTIONATE(ADJECTIVE): (असंगत): out of proportion to
Synonyms: inordinate, unreasonable
People usually spend a disproportionate amount of their income on fuel.
4.CONVALESCENT(ADJECTIVE): (अच्छा हो जानेवाला): recuperating
Synonyms: recovering, getting better
The patient is apparently convalescent but still needs more care.
5. AMBITIOUS (ADJECTIVE): (महत्त्वाकांक्षी): aspiring
Synonyms: determined, forceful
She is a ruthlessly ambitious workaholic woman.
6. ANIMOSITY (NOUN): (बैर):
Synonyms: hostility, friction
No animosity is there among them.
7. PARAMOUNT (ADJECTIVE): (आला दर्जे का): uppermost
Synonyms: supreme, chief
His happiness is of paramount importance.
8. RIGOROUS (ADJECTIVE): (सख्त): strict
Synonyms: severe, stern
Rigorous controls on mergers need to be taken
9. UNDERMINE (VERB): (दुर्बल करना): erode
Synonyms: wear away, undercut
The flow of water had undermined pillars supporting the roof.
10. ENTAIL (VERB): (आवश्यक बनाना): necessitate
Synonyms: require, need
We are in a situation which entails considerable risks