- South Africa vs Afghanistan: Greenfield International Stadium Pitch Report, Thiruvananthapuram Weather Forecast, ODI Stats & Records
- On Friday, September 29, the second warm-up game of the ODI World Cup 2023 will witness a match between South Africa and Afghanistan.
- The contest will be held at the Greenfield International Stadium located in Thiruvananthapuram.
Cricket enthusiasts across the globe are eagerly awaiting the commencement of the ICC ODI World Cup 2023, which is scheduled to begin on October 5 in India. As a preliminary measure leading up to this esteemed occasion, the organizing committee has arranged for two preparatory matches to be held for each nation taking part. The purpose of these practice encounters is to assist teams in adapting to the specific conditions in India and refining their strategies in preparation for the upcoming major event.
The warm-up fixtures are of significant importance as they provide teams with the opportunity to evaluate their strengths, explore various combinations, and acclimate to the distinctive challenges presented by Indian pitches and weather conditions. The preparatory games have captured the attention of the cricketing world, generating a sense of anticipation and excitement that is tangible.
The Greenfield International Stadium in Thiruvananthapuram will be the center of attention on September 29th, as South Africa and Afghanistan face off in the second warm-up match of the tournament. This event is anticipated to offer a compelling glimpse into the high level of competition that can be expected in the World Cup.
ODI Stats and Records at Greenfield International Stadium:
- Total matches: 2
- Matches won batting first: 1
- Matches won bowling first: 1
- Average first innings score: 247
- Average second innings score: 89
- Highest total recorded: 390/5 (50 Ov) by India
- Lowest total recorded: 73/10 (22 Ov) by Sri Lanka
- Highest score chased: 105/1 (14.5 Ov) by India
- Lowest score defended: 390/5 (50 Ov) by India
Greenfield International Stadium Pitch report:
The playing surface at Greenfield International Stadium is well-known for its favorable conditions for bowlers, particularly spinners, who tend to have a notable advantage. This advantage is particularly pronounced during the second innings, as the pitch tends to further dry out, enhancing the spinners’ effectiveness. Up until the present moment, this particular location has only been the host of a mere two One Day Internationals (ODIs).
Thiruvananthapuram Weather Forecast:
The prevailing conditions in Thiruvananthapuram are not conducive to engaging in outdoor activities. It is expected that there will be persistent thundershowers throughout the day, with a 100% probability of precipitation. The projected temperature is approximately 28 degrees Celsius, with a corresponding high humidity level of around 86%. Additionally, the anticipated wind speed is 13 kilometers per hour.
SA vs AFG, playing XI, 2nd warm-up game:
South Africa: Rassie van der Dussen, Aiden Markram (c), David Miller, Reeza Hendricks, Marco Jansen, Quinton de Kock (wk), Heinrich Klaasen, Lungi Ngidi, Keshav Maharaj, Tabraiz Shamsi, Kagiso Rabada
Afghanistan: Hashmatullah Shahidi (c), Najibullah Zadran, Ibrahim Zadran, Azmatullah Omarzai, Mohammad Nabi, Rahmanullah Gurbaz (wk), Mujeeb Ur Rahman, Noor Ahmad, Naveen-ul-Haq, Fazalhaq Farooqi, Rashid Khan