RRB Recruitment 2020 – Latest & Upcoming Indian Railway Jobs 2020: Want to know information related to RRB Recruitment 2020 / Railway Recruitment? Then this is the correct destination to get Upcoming Indian Railway Jobs 2020. As we all know that Indian Railway is one of the biggest departments in India. Those who are looking for the Government Jobs are advised that Railway Jobs 2020 is one of the best job opportunities.
This page lists all currently ongoing railway jobs. All over India there are 17 zones and 71 divisions (under those 17 zones) in Indian Railways. 17th zone is setup as an independent zone in 2010. Each division is managed by Divisional Railway Manager (DRM).
The 17 zones and their headquarters are
- 1. Central Railway (CR) – Mumbai
- 2. East Central Railway (ECR) – Hajipur
- 3. East Coast Railway (ECoR) – Bhubaneswar
- 4. Eastern Railway (ER) – Kolkata
- 5. North Central Railway (NCR) – Allahabad
- 6. North Eastern Railway (NER) – Gorakhpur
- 7. North Western Railway (NWR) – Jaipur
- 8. Northeast Frontier Railway (NFR) – Guwahati
- 9. Northern Railway Railway (NR) – Delhi
- 10. South Central Railway (SCR) – Secunderabad
- 11. South East Central Railway (SECR) – Bilaspur
- 12. South Eastern Railway (SER) – Kolkata
- 13. South Western Railway (SWR) – Hubli
- 14. Southern Railway (SR) – Chennai
- 15. West Central Railway (WCR) – Jabalpur
- 16. Western Railway (WR) – Mumbai
- 17. Metro Railway, Kolkata – Kolkata
There are four types of group level jobs. They are Group A and Group B (Gazetted) and Group C and D (Non-gazetted).
Each of these groups will have both technical and non-technical cadre.
- Group A Posts Recruitment:UPSC does the recruitment for this category by
conducting a written exam, interview/group discussion as necessary.
Exams conducted for this category : Civil Service Exam, Engineering Service Exam, and Combined Medical Service Examination.
Through the civil services exam, the following services are included:
- a. Indian Railway Accounts Service
- b. Indian Railway Traffic Service
- c. Indian Railway Personnel Service
- d. Railway Protection Force (RPF)
Through the Combined Engineering Services Exam, the following services are included.
- a.Indian Railway Stores Service
- b.Indian Railway Service of Engineers
- c.Railway service of Signal Engineers
- d.Indian Railway Service of Mechanical Engineers
- e.Indian Railway Service of Electrical Engineers
- Group B Posts Recruitment:There is no direct recruitment for Group B posts. Group C employees are promoted as Group B officers.
- Group C Posts Recruitment:The Group C posts both technical and non technical recruitment are conducted by 19 Railway Recruitment Boards (RRBs) across all zones in Indian Railways.
Non Technical Posts: Some of the Non-Technical posts are Assistant Station Masters, Trains Clerks, Clerks, Ticket Collectors, Commercial Apprentice, Traffic Apprentice and others.
Technical Posts: Technical engineers in Signal, Telecommunication, Civil, Mechanical, Electrical and others.
- Group D Posts Recruitment:The Group D recruitment is done by Railway Recruitment Cell (RRC) at the divisional level. Some of posts in this group are the gunman, Safaiwala, Trackman, peon, tracker and others.